New rumors hint to powertrain options - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

New rumors hint to powertrain options

According to a new report published by Car and Driver, the new C8 Corvette will have four engine options to choose from during its lifecycle. The first of which is an LT1 that is said to be making around 500hp. The second will be a 5.5liter V8, putting out 600hp that will house a flat plane crank allowing it to rev up to 9000rpm. The third option will be a twin turbocharged version of that V8, increasing horsepower to 800. Lastly there are reports of a 1,000hp AWD hybrid system, which will feature a 200hp electric engine. Hopefully its looks match these impressive engine options.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Electric motors at the wheels will go a long way to keep it ahead to the competition and take the Corvette to a level similar to that of Mclaren.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 02:16 PM

A 1,000hp AWD hybrid system would put the new corvette on par with the likes of the McLaren P1 hybrid ( ‎903 hp). That's an insane amount of power and it'll come with an equally staggering price tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

I do think on the high end of things that Corvette may have gone a little overboard with the projected specs. I'm assuming that these models will be released gradually over time based upon consumer demands. I can only imagine what we're going to see in terms of sticker price, and that's going to be a hard sell for a new platform.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page