Will C8 Have C7 engine Problems? - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Will C8 Have C7 engine Problems?

We've probably all read about Z06 engine problems at this point. Think any of them will make its way onto the C8?

Specifically, engines freezing up due to metal shards in the oil from poor milling process and overheating on hot tracks mostly because of the automatic transmission.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:49 AM

I'm sure the milling process will be improved for the C8 so there won't be metal shards in the oil and most people will change the oil after the first 5000 km or so. As for the engine overheating, doubt that'll happen since the C8 is using a different engine, the LT5.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:42 AM

I'm sure considering it's a known issue, they will be looking into that to ensure it's not a problem that carries over. But like stated above, the overheating issue shouldn't be there or just isn't comparable because they're different engines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:44 AM

Well, a newer version of the C7 is coming out. Maybe we'll take a second look at these problems if the new generation C7 has them too but I highly doubt it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Most definitely, just to see if they're taking into consideration of prior issues. But other than that, not too relevant. Maybe look at any power adders that'll be present that could have revisions to see if it may be used on the next gen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page