Engine Bay Covering? - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
LSx

Engine Bay Covering?

I'm wondering how the engine bay covering will be for the mid-engine setup. Will it be a glass piece that allows you to see the engine covers and all of that glory, or will it be covered with some sort of louvers? Could even be a solid fiberglass part that has a small opening as well?

How do you think the hatch will look ?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Chevy hasn't impressed me at all with their engine covers. Going to keep a look out for aftermarket covers. Last thing Chevy needs going on is anything extra to increase price. Rather them focus more on performance than cosmetics.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:51 PM

Chevy't corvette engine covers aren't the best looking, but that's what the aftermarket is for. But honestly, it's not really a huge concern of mine as the hood is going to be covering it most of the time and there are other areas to improve first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM

In regards to the "hood" that covers the mid-engine, I would want glass so I could see it all.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 PM

I bet they will, even the new ZR1 might have something like that given all that's going on with it currently. Still under wraps being tested. From what can be seen this will be the best ZR1 yet.

Only question is how good and how attractive?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
LSx

I'm on the fence with it because we still don't entirely know what it's going to be yet. It's all just speculation and the little remnants of information we have don't say much. This could end up being nothing like a Corvette at all and a whole new take. At that point I would have to start re-thinking it all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page