No More Black Rose Metallic - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
LSx

No More Black Rose Metallic

The Black Rose Metallic color is going to be leaving the Corvettes palette starting with the C7 so I can imagine, it will not return for the C8. It really isn't all a bad color in my opinion, but it's probably something I wouldn't buy either.

They're currently running the last batch of Black Rose and when the plant shuts down in August (for the retooling), the color will not return when the plant re-opens in November.

However... they have no announced what the new color that's going to replace it will be so that's something we can ponder on.

What color would you like to see them come back with?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:35 PM

This being a big change for the Corvette line up should mean they introduce new colors. Being a supercar-like vehicle its one of the many steps they have to take. Hopefully Orange will be one of them, with some of the popular supercars brands that color is used often. Porsche and Lamborghini to name a couple.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 04:30 AM

I'd like to see it in orange as well, that's the color that comes to mind when someone says corvette. The Black Rose Metallic color cancellation doesn't really affect me as I was never a fan. It can look pretty odd if the sunlight hits it directly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
LSx

If they can have a Krypton Green on the ZL1 Camaros, I think they can have a pretty nice bright orange for the new ZR1. It just makes sense. It'll probably look a lot nicer than the Krypton Green as well.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 02:50 PM

Firstly, someone should have posted what the heck the black rose metallic looks like on a Corvette. I think the color looks amazing. Something I would have wanted but not as a first choice.

In regards to replacing it, that's a tough one.. Something bright and classic is what I would want to see.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 01:13 PM

If the C8 has an interior that takes on more influence from Cadillac then I hope they bring in more lighter colors that make the vette look upscale. Darker colors are nice but they are slowly going out of style, this is a new era:

CT6 for reference:
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 04:03 PM

I actually much prefer the darker colored interiors and less luxurious looking. I prefer the more raw, toned down, straight forward type of interiors instead of something real plush and nice. On Corvettes at least.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Hopefully they also take note from some of the well establish exotic car brands out here that include subtle details that pay homage to its race cars and motorsports in general. Red accents as seen on this Corvette race car would be preferred:

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 01:59 PM

That would be nice but it would be reserved for special editions or even a higher trim like a GranSport or something. Perhaps a package for the colored accents would be ideal?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305TransAm View Post
That would be nice but it would be reserved for special editions or even a higher trim like a GranSport or something. Perhaps a package for the colored accents would be ideal?
Maybe, we're at a unique point in Chevy's history; a new corvette model, customers are demanding more, chevy is up against more... and from that more will be required of them. So maybe that means we'll see some special Corvette trims?

Wouldn't mind the Corvette equivalent of a Porsche GT3 or GT2 package.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page