C8 to get a targa roof? - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

C8 to get a targa roof?

With new spy photos dropping every week, it looks like some new ones may indicate a removeable top for the new C8. Almost every Corvette coupe since the Stingray has seen some kind of convertible roof, whether this be T tops or full targa panels. If this does end up being the case, the chances of an actual convertible variant are pretty slim.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:09 PM

I always liked how Porsche did it with a "targa" name plate on the c-pillar. In this case Chevy should place a badge unique to the C8. Subtle details do make a difference!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 PM

Considering the length of the C8, I don't think it would have been possible to make it convertible in the first place. I think this is a great alternative and hopefully there is proper storage for the panels behind the seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
Considering the length of the C8, I don't think it would have been possible to make it convertible in the first place. I think this is a great alternative and hopefully there is proper storage for the panels behind the seats.
weight is a big issues and there's no doubt a targa top will allow them to not add unnecessary components and functions but a Cadillac version should get it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:15 AM

They should be pulling out all the stops for this mid engine vet, as its basically a miracle that its actually coming to production. Options like this can help to justify the steep price tag that we are probably going to see.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 PM

Targa tops are nice but having just seen a classic T Top and visualizing it on this test car, it could very well be the best choice they've made aside from all the performance improvements
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

The difference between a targa and t top is so minor, that I really don't think it makes a difference. So long as we see a convertible option of some kind, it will be welcomed.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 02:58 PM

I think it does make a difference when it means giving the Corvette community what they haven't had in many years, finally we can have that opportunity.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 AM

I don't remember the last new car that debuted with a t top, so I think its unlikely. I believe the last f-body Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am in 2002 was the end of the t top.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:51 PM

If it can't be justified then i'll be happy to see a targa version which has been the most popular open top for supercars and even hypercars
my only concern is how it'll impact this new vette's design, so far it seems to be the least accommodating.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page