2020 C8 Properly Rendered - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

2020 C8 Properly Rendered

So it looks Autoevolution recently shared some renderings on what they believe the mid engine Corvette is going to look like. Have to say that I'm a much bigger fan of this rear end, aside from the fake intake vents. There was also a tweet which seems to confirm what engine we're going to see in the new model.

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 12:29 PM

That rendering seems too toned down compared to the outgoing models, just smooth panels everywhere without the edges I've come to expect. Disappointing if the production model looks like that; tiny rear vents, lacking hood vents, etc.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

It's just a rendering so I'm sure there will be some significant changes in the production model. I actually get a pretty serious Ferrari vibe from that front fascia. And you think those rear vents are tiny? I could care less about their size, I just think they look completely out of place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 01:54 PM

It's not just the size, the shape is outputting as well. At leas they kept the sword-like front I've come to expect from Corvettes. The day they smooth that out is the day I move on to another model.
Maybe add on a few more pinched metal lines across the hood like the 2018 model.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Looks like Corvette decided to take a page out of Honda's book with the Type R. Put giant non purpose vents all over the car, to take up unused space. Didn't expect to see this in such a high end model. Lets hope the artist took some liberty with this design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page