Latest rendering isn't great - C8 Corvette Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Latest rendering isn't great

A new rendering has recently dropped online and the vast majority of people don't seem to be very pleased with it. To be honest it just looks like an amalgamation of a bunch of different cars all melded together and it just doesn't work. Seeing a lot of 360 Modena DNA in this. Opinions?
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Artists are having a field day drawing up designs for the C8. I'm just hoping that most of what we've seen so far end up being wildly inaccurate. It seems that GM may be too determined to ensure the C8 looks like a Corvette, which may cause them to lose their opportunity to make it unique.
StingRay likes this.

Last edited by Vetted; 10-11-2018 at 04:18 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Sad attempt that will only set GM far behind unless they actually listen to loyal Chevy buyers and address the design concerns.

Best case scenario is they fudged design of the mules to stir discussion and that we're in for a big surprise come time for its debut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Carscoops put out one of the better looking renderings I've seen so far, though again we are seeing them keep within the traditional styling cues of modern vets. The test mules we've seen have been very heavily camo'd so we might not be getting a proper sense of the body lines.
StingRay likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:09 AM

That is a more promising looking rendering for sure, but I do hope that GM takes a bit more risk in terms of styling. This is a very rare opportunity that they have with the C8 and they shouldn't waste it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:11 AM

Renderings seem to be all over the place for the C8. Don't understand why they would make it look so similar to a Ferrari, rather than making something original.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:14 PM

So I found a 360 video of it and I have to say, if pricing is right I won't mind what i see as design flaws. If it takes on a path similar to the Nissan GT-R, you can expect a major hit on our hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=npue1SYw5dg
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

That'a a solid attempt at trying to give us a glimpse underneath the cladding. Not too sure about all that 'fake' venting on the rear end.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
Artists are having a field day drawing up designs for the C8. I'm just hoping that most of what we've seen so far end up being wildly inaccurate. It seems that GM may be too determined to ensure the C8 looks like a Corvette, which may cause them to lose their opportunity to make it unique.
that last example as a targa can very well look just as good as the NSX targa rendering below

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
That'a a solid attempt at trying to give us a glimpse underneath the cladding. Not too sure about all that 'fake' venting on the rear end.
I agree that faux vents aren't going to do the C8 any favors. I can understand it on models like the Civic, but we shouldn't be seeing them on vehicles in this price bracket.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page