LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Spotted Testing C8 - Video

Check it out, excited.

Jeff M
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 11:33 AM

Someone named prettyfast1000 on Youtube somehow managed to bump into the new mid-engined corvette twice! It's rare for a random person to see these cars in the first place, let alone twice while the car is being tested on curvy roads. Too bad we can't hear the corvette over the recording car's engine noise.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 03:01 PM

I wont lie that the more I'm seeing the C8 in camouflage, the more concerned I'm getting with how massive the backend is looking. I'm not sure if its been done purposefully in an effort to hide the dimensions of the new vet, but it looks a little disproportional imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 01:19 PM

The camouflage may be making the rear end look beefier than it really is, or at least bulking up the haunches. I'll reserve my judgement for when they finally reveal the mid-engined corvette though it may be a deal breaker is the rear really is that bulky and rounded instead of the edges I'm expecting to see. Looks a lot better from the side at least:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 07:02 PM

Its probably safe to say they will try as much as possible to incorporate as much as possible rear end design we've been used to in the current Corvette model. Otherwise they could be risking a reduction in buyers who always like Corvette design. Rarely do car makers like this take an entirely different take on design
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 01:33 AM

Maybe the haunches will look similar to what the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette has and that's not really bulky at all, matches the roofline and arches right where you want it to.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 02:14 PM

I'm pretty sure that recent sales across dealerships have seen a pretty steep decline, as most buyers are anticipating the C8's release. I know over the past several years Corvette hasn't been hitting the numbers they used to. That side profile does look better and I think its just the camo that's throwing off the shape.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Maybe not a sharp decline. With the C8 coming and three corvette model years being sold at the same time, some dealerships may be willing to cut a deal to move product and sales should hold steady because of that.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 02:09 PM

I don't think having three models years available at the same time suggests that they are selling well, though I know that's largely the result of a weird production schedule. Also if you check out this link Corvette Sales Numbers sales have steadily been in decline since 2014.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page