Stolen 40 YEARS Ago - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
LSx

Stolen 40 YEARS Ago

A lady lost her 1964 Corvette 40 years ago... It was recovered now! I've personally never had a vehicle stolen, but have had a few buddies get their cars stolen and they still haven't gotten them back after 10+ years.

No info on the condition of the car but from the pictures, it looks to be mint. Whoever stole this clearly had no idea what it was worth because you can bet it's a pretty penny.

Funny enough, the car was spotted at a car show, and the vin that we all would check had it listed as a 64' Impala, however all of the other tags matched perfectly.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Sucks for whoever might have owned it before she got it back and put work into it because all of that just goes out the window, I highly doubt there's anyway to get that money back. Fortunately in the U.S. this doesn't happen often.

She should be happy it wasn't shipped overseas, at that point your better off forgetting you even owned it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 04:45 PM

I mean, if it made it overseas, I doubt anyone would know lol. But it does suck for whoever tried to keep it maintained over the years. I wonder how much the thief sold it to the other person for though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Someone might know if they were to inspect it and its paper work, someone who has be in the industry long enough might be able to pick up on what's going on but at that point it wouldn't make much of a difference. No one aside from the authorities will want it sent back.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 11:26 PM

Wouldn't someone check a vin number's history before purchasing a second hand car? Or was the one who brought it to the car show the thief themselves?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
LSx

Not a lot of people do that to be real... I don't do it. Couldn't care what the history of it was, once it looks good and runs good, call it a day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page