Classic Corvettes - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Classic Corvettes

With how old the Corvette badge is, I thought the forum could use a thread to celebrate Corvettes of old and discuss anything interesting, like this 1972 Chevrolet Corvette 454 with only 914 miles on the clock. Yup, someone just stored it for 45 years and barely touched it.

There's a 1972 Chevrolet Corvette 454 with 914 Miles Hiding in a Pittsburgh Garage - The Drive
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 AM

Got to love when finds like this show up online. With how often they have been happening, it almost seems like if you wait, eventually another one will show up. But with how high tech cars are these days... the idea of owning a classic is diminishing to me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Everything may be dusty and hopefully the oil was drained before storage, but that corvette is an amazing find for anyone who has the money to buy it. There's probably a lot of them in storage, but none as pristine as this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 11:36 PM

Even if that wasn't the case there's still so much about it that's great. For someone like me into customization it would be the perfect excuse to start considering engine options. But with so little miles I would first try to keep it as original as possible.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

For those who like to wrench old cars maybe a look around run down barns will reward you with great finds. someone found a 1957 Corvette body in such a barn and it's a beauty.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 PM

that would be the perfect candidate to get that new V12 based off LS engines that some aftermarket company released because right now its too common to find anything aside from those LS engines. who ever can get this done will have build the sickest vette from that era.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page