Great deals for 2017 models - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Great deals for 2017 models

With the new 2019 Corvette ZR1 on its way and the odd position Chevy put itself in, three model year Corvettes sold at the same time, you can get a pretty great deal on an older 2017 model. Cars Direct says Chevy is advertising a $2,017 discount on all 2017 models and there's an additional rebate from General Motors' Flex Cash program, which could take off another $8000. That's a good $10,000 off and you can probably try negotiating with individual dealers even more.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-art...JM4M0abMc7MAIw
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 12:02 AM

Best of all this is an iconic generation so someone buying in now will be in for a real treat come time to sell. At best they won't be in for much of a loss if any. At best they'll make some coin.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 02:45 PM

I don't know how good the resale value is going to be, with so many new models sitting on showroom floors. You'll likely have a hard time getting a trade in at a dealership and will probably be better off going private.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

I suppose resale value matters if you plane to lease or resell the Crovette at a later date, but I'm one to drive and enjoy my cars so those numbers don't usually factor in. Also, the build page for the new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, so dealerships may be trying harder than ever to sell off their older models.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
I suppose resale value matters if you plane to lease or resell the Crovette at a later date, but I'm one to drive and enjoy my cars so those numbers don't usually factor in. Also, the build page for the new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, so dealerships may be trying harder than ever to sell off their older models.
I don't know about you but when I can minimize my losses or even make a return on a type of product I will buy anyways, factoring in that part of it is vital. Most people lose money on cars, its one of the worst financial moves someone can make. If you can be on the opposite end of it why not.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:06 PM

I know that Corvettes have one of the lowest depreciation rates for a brand new car today. I believe its around 8.3% per year, with them retaining about 57% of their residual value.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
I know that Corvettes have one of the lowest depreciation rates for a brand new car today. I believe its around 8.3% per year, with them retaining about 57% of their residual value.
I think it will get even better as people look for modern performance cars that just get right to the fundamentals, Corvette has a unique position in the market. It always has. Sort of like the Viper which has been short lived.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 01:23 PM

I wonder if we will see any changes in value now that there are so many new models sitting on lots. Typically a cars value is influenced by their availability in the market. Easier they are to source, less they are worth.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page