What Features Would You Like? - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
LSx

What Features Would You Like?

I would like to see launch control which would obviously be there... but another thing I would like is actually a trans-brake too. I think it would be super cool to have one and if the Dodge Demon is going to have it, I can't see why we can't either.

What about you guys? Electronic Line-Lock? or maybe something completely different like lane keeping assist or whatever?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM

Don't care for lane keeping assist or any sort of active cruise control nonsense. That's all fuzz I don't need weighing me down. Electronic line lock I wouldn't care for either as a mechanical one is easy to install and gives a nice feel. I actually would try to find a way to do mechanical trans-brake as well so a bump box could be installed.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305TransAm View Post
Don't care for lane keeping assist or any sort of active cruise control nonsense. That's all fuzz I don't need weighing me down. Electronic line lock I wouldn't care for either as a mechanical one is easy to install and gives a nice feel. I actually would try to find a way to do mechanical trans-brake as well so a bump box could be installed.
Too bad for you, this is a flagship model for the brand and in typical flagship fashion it will get some of those self-driving tech, even if its just minimal, and thankfully here it should be minimal, don't want to add too much weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
LSx

We definitely won't be getting something raw like a Viper, that's a for sure so some electronic creature comforts will be there for assistance.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:28 AM

Not from Chevy but odds are it will create the perfect foundation for someone to take it to the next level and much easier than with previous vettes. Now that makes a real difference. Unless you believe it wont be that easy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
LSx

As time progresses and everything becomes more electronic... it's a give and take. Electronics are easier to make changes to in the sense of you plug in a laptop and get it done but they definitely don't feel the same as the older mechanical systems. Do they work better... yes in the sense of efficiency and reliability. But they do take away a lot of feel from it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSx View Post
As time progresses and everything becomes more electronic... it's a give and take. Electronics are easier to make changes to in the sense of you plug in a laptop and get it done but they definitely don't feel the same as the older mechanical systems. Do they work better... yes in the sense of efficiency and reliability. But they do take away a lot of feel from it.
For now they will take away from the connected feel we want but some car makers are showing the bright side. Q50 has electric steering but apparently it still gives feedback that makes you feel like you have that connection
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
LSx

That's the other thing. In due time, they'll really get a lot better in replicating the feel that "drivers" want and it'll be great. I'm far from the type of guy that's opposed to new technologies and everything should be the way it was back in the 80s lol so I'm looking forward to it. But we're just going to have to ride the waves until we get to that point.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSx View Post
That's the other thing. In due time, they'll really get a lot better in replicating the feel that "drivers" want and it'll be great. I'm far from the type of guy that's opposed to new technologies and everything should be the way it was back in the 80s lol so I'm looking forward to it. But we're just going to have to ride the waves until we get to that point.
The only thing I want from the 80's in cars today is character which has been lacking, how its used doesn't matter so much and already we have seen some car makers bring it back in. Some although they have introduced electric steering have made it feel like a true rack and pinion system. Infiniti is an example of that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page