When Will Order Books Be Open? - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

When Will Order Books Be Open?

After reading through and I'm sure we've all seen that factory tours are suspended for 18 months, it's said that the C8 Corvette will be revealed at the 2018 North American International Auto Show. After that, the model is expected to go on sale 1 year later.

With that time-frame above, does it seem likely that the order books would be opened after they make the unveil at the NYIAS ? Or you could at least put a deposit down for it at that point??
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:52 PM

At this point in the process you won't find an open order book but what you can do is get yourself on a waiting list. That way you can position yourself best to be in the initial order batch.

Dealers don't often make this sort of stuff public so you have to go in person.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 02:53 PM

It's going to be a long wait as we haven't even seen the concept model let alone the production one. Maybe if you're close with your dealership, they can put you on a waiting list. I've seen someone do it for the Acura NSX and they were on the list for a good 3-4 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 06:13 PM
LSx

Someone to really look at in regards to this would be StreetSpeed717 on YouTube. He's definitely on point with anything Corvette related and he has a really good relationship with his dealership and he puts out the information as well.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 02:14 PM

Even with his connections I don't think we will hear much about it, all we might get are some very vague drops of information. Last thing he'll want to do is get his sources in trouble, car makers take this stuff seriously. Still better than no source like him.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 09:32 PM
LSx

Oh no for sure, but for up to date info that comes out, he'll be posting it.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 12:03 PM

Coming in as a 2018 model year car, I assume ordering books will open late in the year after a few of the major auto shows has passed and deliveries may start near the beginning of 2018.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM

that is usually the case so if that's true we should be hearing something soon whether that be from dealers or even a leak, already we got a look at another test mule which i must say is impressive. hate this waiting game we're in right now.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 12:04 AM

That's usually what happens when you're waiting for a new model, the excitement makes time drag on. Personally not in a rush, and there will be enough to go around. The initial release is when people fight for the Corvette and supply will need to catch up to demand.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 01:03 AM

well some of that depends on what allocations will be like which right now we have no indication of, i just hope whatever it is, we will be getting generous allocations like all the Corvette generations that passed us, as a high volume vehicle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page