Latest pricing rumor - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Latest pricing rumor

According to a recent post on Corvetteforum.com we could be seeing the range topping C8 price out around $170k. I personally think this is way off base, as you can buy a pre owned McLaren for less than that. The same thread suggests a base price of $65,000. https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-hefty-169900/
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 08:34 PM

I seen that +$150k price coming before these reports and it creates even more of a case to keep the existing Corvette style selling alongside the more exotic-car type seen here.

The $59-70k you can get a decent Vette for today is a sweet spot that is hard to give up, even import owners see it as their first step into domestic land.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 11:21 AM

This is really all going to be determined by what sort of powertrain offerings GM has in store. I think there will be many who would gladly play $100k+ for a mid engine vet with 1,000hp that would rival that of Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
This is really all going to be determined by what sort of powertrain offerings GM has in store. I think there will be many who would gladly play $100k+ for a mid engine vet with 1,000hp that would rival that of Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc.
I'm hoping that for the first time we can have something that can rival the GT-R, no other car maker can realistically do it, its very much within the Corvettes image to fill those shoes.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

GM can fairly easily match the performance numbers we see in the GT-R, but delivering on a similar price point could be difficult. And there is something to be said about a high performance supercar that has daily driving reliability.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:06 AM

I don't foresee anyone using either of these cars as a daily driver, but I can understand your point. To be fair even newer models from brands like Lamborghini are much more reliable than they were in the past.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:52 AM

If you can afford something in this price bracket, than you can afford the cost of maintenance. A lot of premium brand have already stated that they are exploring electrification and that platform will come with a huge reduction in running costs and repairs.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Fortunately all this needs to be, and will, is a vehicle with the power of what we all dream of but the affordability of an NSX/Viper/etc.
In a way, Chevy is creating a product that's the perfect medium of what the industry has to offer.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:05 AM

The 'affordability' of the NSX hasn't seem to have done much for its sales. I think badge bias still plays a large role in this segment and consumers have a hard time justifying these kinds of prices of anything from Acura, Nissan etc.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
The 'affordability' of the NSX hasn't seem to have done much for its sales. I think badge bias still plays a large role in this segment and consumers have a hard time justifying these kinds of prices of anything from Acura, Nissan etc.
Difference is, the original NSX came out during a time it influenced what Ferrari does, today a handful a brands have been doing it and its only increasing...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page