Corvettes Leaves Owners Satisfied - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Corvettes Leaves Owners Satisfied

Consumer Reports listed the 10 Most Satisfying Cars of 2017 and the Corvette made the list. The survey asks owners if they would buy or lease the same model if given the chance to do it all again and new Corvette owners were satisfied with their purchase most of the time. The same would probably apple to the new Corvette 8 once it's out.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...-satisfaction/
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 04:56 PM

That what happens when you have a classic formula that just simply works, its like any vehicle that has stood the test of time; BMW M3, Camaro, Jeep Wrangler, Suburban, Toyota Land Cruiser, the list goes on. There was even a time that the Camaro and Mustang were lacking big time but the Corvette still held its own and restored faith in performance from American car makers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:28 AM

Corvettes are arguably still one of the best performance cars for the money. GM's whole goal with the vet was to make a high performance car that didn't require the costly upkeep that typically comes with one. If you look at what they've accomplished with the ZR1, I think you can say they are well on track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Corvettes are arguably still one of the best performance cars for the money. GM's whole goal with the vet was to make a high performance car that didn't require the costly upkeep that typically comes with one. If you look at what they've accomplished with the ZR1, I think you can say they are well on track.
the real game changer for me was when GM added magnetic ride control, after that I was sold and for once could get away from German car makers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:04 AM

That's a bit arguable considering the overheating issues that a lot of owners were complaining about when tracking their new Z06. I know that GM said a fix was on the way, but I never heard about what is was or if it was successful.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:06 AM

They started a retrofit on 2017MY on onwards. They swapped in a new hood with larger vents as well as a new supercharger cover. I think the issues was estimated to only affect about 5% of owners, but they were understandably very vocal.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:04 AM

This is the exact reason why every year we see more and more recalls from automakers. With the prevalence of social media, there is no ignoring potential issues anymore and they wont want to risk any bad publicity, especially with a brand new model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page