The Search Begins - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

The Search Begins

Hey guys,

I'm new around here, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently on the search for a high performance super car. With all this hype surrounding the release of electric super cars, it will be interesting to see how the more traditional options fare. It'll be hard for them to compete with the instantaneous torque offered by these electrics, but I'm confident the segment leaders will outperform in other aspects.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:00 PM

What is your budget for a supercar currently? Lots of options these days and it seems that even cars like the Viper and high trim Camaro's are considered supercars depending on who you ask.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

I would like to keep it just north of $100k, but I realize that limits my options. I know the Nissan GT-R and the Porsche GT3 are now priced beyond that and I think rumours around the C8 suggest a starting point north of $80k. And with the Camaro ZL1 base model starting at $70K and offering 650hp, id definitely say it qualifies for the budget supercar category.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Electric super cars are nice and all, but there's just something about combustion engines that I find more appealing in performance cars compared to electric. And the mid-engined corvette is going to be even better than the outgoing ZRI. It may not be a budget car once the new corvette is out, but it certainly won't disappoint.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evette View Post
Electric super cars are nice and all, but there's just something about combustion engines that I find more appealing in performance cars compared to electric. And the mid-engined corvette is going to be even better than the outgoing ZRI. It may not be a budget car once the new corvette is out, but it certainly won't disappoint.
i can see what you mean because traditional engines have real character where as electric doesn't but the performance gains we get as a result is hard to beat, its enough for me to forget about gasoline engines.

btw i love the sound of Formula E racers.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

In the upcoming years its going to be a race amongst automakers to implement electrics powertrains in their flagship performance models. By 2020 all electrics are going to require sound generators, so at least manufacturers will be able to make them each sound unique.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 04:35 PM

There are benefits to electric, mainly the instant torque delivery one gets with an electric motor. That's why everyone was so interested in Tesla's ludicrous launch mode. But I'll reserve m judgement for when there's a larger pool pr performance EV to choose from.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page