C7 Order Books Closing - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
LSx

C7 Order Books Closing

The order books for the C7 will be closing on June 2nd 2017 and production will begin again in the fourth quarter of this year. Smells like the new ZR1 is right around the corner

If anyone is interested though, you should be able to get some good discounts on C7s as inventories are currently high at the moment.

2017 C7 Corvette Production Ending Soon | GM Authority
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:33 PM

This correlates to the information i've seen about ZR1 production which this little piece gets right into:

Quote:
The 2017 Corvette ZR1 is all but confirmed to introduce a 6.2-liter LT5 DOHC V8 engine as part of the package. Previously, leaked GM documents showed a new LT5 V8 engine to align exclusively with the 2018 Corvette model year.
With all the upgrades slated to happen to that facility and the ZR1 coming out, this ZR1 will be a real treat, maybe enough for an ACR Viper lover to drop it for a ZR1
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:10 PM

Darn... as much as I would want to think it, I can't see that happening. The value of the ACR and how much it'll go up considering the end of production... If I owned an ACR Viper, I wouldn't give it up at all lol. I really want to see a comparison in performance between the two of them for sure though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Well the overall image of the ACR is just that but there will always be some individuals who don't like it nearly as much. For example, the ZR1 (and even a trim above the ZR1) might be a better daily driver and actually be comfortable, meanwhile the ACR is the complete opposite.

Having something you can enjoy daily driving is a big thing.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
LSx

Can't argue with that at all. Having both would be the ideal garage but that's definitely not an option for a lot of people.

But that was even the case back in the days when the Gen 1 Viper was out and the Gen 2s even. It was always a Corvette or Viper thing. The Corvette had a lot more user-friendliness and daily capabilities, the Viper was the opposite end of the spectrum.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page