Buy a 1,000hp Vet right from the dealership - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Buy a 1,000hp Vet right from the dealership

The Corvette Grand Sport is no slouch in terms of power, but if you aren't satisfied with its 460hp output, SVE has the kit for you. Yenko's Stage II kit will add an additional 540hp to your 2018 Grand Sport, cranking it up to 1,000hp. Now plenty of aftermarket companies offer performance upgrades like this, but what makes it interesting is that this Yenko upgrade can be ordered directly through any Chevy dealership. I wonder if the plan on offering similar kits across Corvette models, and just maybe they have something planned for the C8. Save your pennies because this tuning kit starts at $69k.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 05:45 PM

The Yenko name carries some serious history with it that will result in this Corvette becoming common among collectors.
Add to that the end of a Corvette generation and its even more of a reason to "invest"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 01:09 PM

I have a feeling we'll be seeing similar kinds of performance kits offered straight from the dealership across the industry, especially with well established brands like Yenko. That's a lot of money to drop on top of a Grand Sport, but those gains are insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

The most appealing aspect of having these kinds of kits offered through factory, is you know they'll be covered under warranty. There will also be a limited run of Stage 1 models that are a little less powerful (835hp). Important note that it'll cost you even more in an automatic as that requires upgrading various transmission components.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 PM

I sincerely hope that anyone whos dropping this kind of money on a performance car, isn't spec'ing it with an automatic. You really just aren't going to get the same experience from paddle shifters. I'm assuming that they are going to replace the stock clutch as well?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Automatic isn't that bad. If you want the best possible performance, its the way to go. Also if it means they can sell more you can bet that will be the case.
At the end of the day its up to the car maker to spec it for the public, not all car makers give you the choice, sometimes manual comes whether you like it or not.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I sincerely hope that anyone whos dropping this kind of money on a performance car, isn't spec'ing it with an automatic. You really just aren't going to get the same experience from paddle shifters. I'm assuming that they are going to replace the stock clutch as well?
Everyone is going to have a preference in regards to transmission, but when it comes to performance times, the automatic is going to be the go to. Considering the price of this tuning kit, I think odds are there aren't a lot of stock powertrain components left.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted View Post
Everyone is going to have a preference in regards to transmission, but when it comes to performance times, the automatic is going to be the go to. Considering the price of this tuning kit, I think odds are there aren't a lot of stock powertrain components left.
car makers that are making the switch on a much broader scale have good justification for going away from the beloved shifter
I find that looking into those perspectives can help to see what the real benefits are.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:13 AM

It seems like Yenko will be offering a similar kit for the Camaro. Its also available in different levels of tune with either 835 or 1000hp on tap and will be sold directly through Chevy dealers. Pricing is expected to exceed $100k on the Stage II.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
It seems like Yenko will be offering a similar kit for the Camaro. Its also available in different levels of tune with either 835 or 1000hp on tap and will be sold directly through Chevy dealers. Pricing is expected to exceed $100k on the Stage II.
Important thing to note is they'll be limited to just 25 units of each model which is sad but Chevy hasn't produced anything like it in many years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page