C8 Chevrolet Corvette Could Arrive in 2019 - C8 Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

C8 Chevrolet Corvette Could Arrive in 2019

Codenamed “Emperor”, the eighth-generation Corvette C8 could be unveiled early 2018 and go on sale early 2019.

Earlier, it was rumored that the C8 Corvette could debut at the 2018 Detroit auto show which is usually scheduled for the first month of every year. The Detroit News’ sources lent creditability to this rumor when they said the C8 is expected to be unveiled in early 2018. When asked about the C8 Corvette, a Chevy spokesperson said, “We do not comment on future product plans.” Other Chevy media reps are most likely going to say the same thing when questioned.

Of course, we have no way to verify this reveal date since the sources prefer to stay anonymous as the company plans have not yet been made public. A former GM employee who knows of the project said, “It’s happening. Mark Reuss wants it.” Reuss is Chevrolet’s global product development chief and he’s not really doing a great job with keeping things under wraps if the next-gen C8 Corvette is “the worst-kept secret in town.”

Another rumor suggests that the mid-engine format will give GM enough flexibility to produce performance variants based on the platform like an all-wheel drive model or a plug-in hybrid with electric motors powering the front wheels or maybe even a high-performance Cadillac halo car.

At this point the release dates are just speculation and GM has been teasing us with mid-engine Corvette concept cars for years. Let’s hope their teasing ends soon.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:20 PM
LSx

Considering we've already seen spy shots, I think 2019 is very possible. Seems like they've already done quite the amount of work
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:37 AM

I think the spy shots may be of the c8 body instead of using a c7 as a test mule for the new platform. If that is the case, the 2018 estimated unveiling could be a reality, maybe even earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 10:39 AM

I read that the C8 could come with a pushrod V8 engine or maybe a four-cam V8. Think that's what Chevy has in mind?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 AM
LSx

I would say quad cam just because that's what they originally had planned for the LT5
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 10:36 AM

If the C8 is set to debut a few years later, I assume the prototype is still being developed and not being tested yet while the C7 ZR1 is supposed to debut at next January’s 2017 Detroit auto show.

Have we been looking at the wrong spy shots?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 AM
LSx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evette View Post
If the C8 is set to debut a few years later, I assume the prototype is still being developed and not being tested yet while the C7 ZR1 is supposed to debut at next January’s 2017 Detroit auto show.

Have we been looking at the wrong spy shots?
https://www.corvette8.org/forum/9-201...all-wrong.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page